Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Tattoo Story

Wicked Tat, Right! No, not mine, just one of the millions of pics easily grabbed online these days of people and their unique ink!

As an artist by trade and by nature; I believe that images and artwork are some of the highest and most effective forms of communication among the human race!

To wear artwork permanently on the skin, well that brings it to a whole new level... or does it?

I have always been interested in tattoos. I remember as a teen, planning and plotting the epic 18th birthday tattoo.

Well 18 came and went. I guess the permanence of the whole idea was the main reason for putting it off. I never really feared the pain, but I couldn't wrap my mind around "forever" on my skin.

My mind changes so often, my tastes evolve, and that fear of Commitment has kept the needle far away from ever touching my epidermis.

Although... when I consider that over the last few years, I have personally made permanent, life-altering and drastically radical changes to my actual LIFE... I don't know what the big deal about a little ink is!!

Here's  a little list of things that I am proud to have made a Commitment to Changing Forever.
  • I was an active casual smoker throughout my 20's... Been Smoke Free since my 30th Birthday.
  • On my 31st Birthday, gave up Pop/Soda/whatever ya' wanna call it... Forever.
  • On my 32nd... well that one's personal, but also a good one :)
  • During my journey to Debt-Freedom, I saw the future-robbing power of borrowed money and have given it up FOREVER. (been completely debt-free since Jan 4th, 2010)
  • In the last year, I've re-connected with my Church home and I know that from now till the next beginning, my connection with GOD has been reignited :)
  • Almost 1 year ago, I gave up the stable solid world of a "good job" and began bushwhacking into uncharted (for me) territory of entrepreneurship and extreme self-reliance in the career world.
  • Also since making the leap to self employment, I've learned so much. I now have a totally new brain-wave thinking about the meaning of Stuff, it's power, and the lack of power it has over me now. I wouldn't trade this freedom I feel, every day, for any brand new car: Yes, even the Mercedes G-Wagon! (they are really cool though!)
So, since this is a random cross-section of things that I have made Permanently part of my life now... What was the big deal about the tattoo??

Actually, once the ink is embedded... there really isn't anything else to do but wear it. It shows up when you do, and it's not something you have to constantly work at.

These intentional life changes ARE a constant work in progress...

I have had the desire for a smoke, a coke, an easy 5 grand, sleeping till noon on Sunday, and even all the Stuff that makes other people think you've really made it big...

So, the challenge is daily, not easy-schmeezey, but Soooo worth the Effort.

As one of my heroes Dr. Wayne Dyer says: "True Nobility, is Not about Being Better than Someone Else. It's About Being Better than YOU Used to Be!"

Ahhh... YES!

So my questions to you:

  • Are you ready to make a permanent life-change? 
  • What holds you back from leaping forward down a new trail? 
  • Do you think You have the power to decide your own destiny?
  • Do you see outside forces holding you back, or have you realized that the true battle is internal?

I can guarantee you this, if you choose to improve your financial situation and get out of debt. You will not immediately become happy. 

However, you will immediately, begin to see a whole new world of opportunity unfold before your eyes. And in the pursuit of those new adventures that you undertake because you Choose to, not because you Have to... Happiness will begin to pursue You!

I guess, wear-able artwork still isn't high on my priority list.... But I'll ask this guy, if I ever change my mind :)


Just Kiddin :)

Sincerely, 



Aaron Nichols

True North Financial Fitness Coaching
785-218-6134

Got a leaky Wallet? Bulging budget or none at all? Dilapidated Debt that you're sick of living with?  You are losing hard earned dollars every month! Let me show you how to spackle the cracks and firm up your financial foundation. DIY or using my professional services, either way, the best time to fix your finances is Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment