Thursday, March 24, 2011

Anything But Zero








Holy Crap! - SO MUCH TO DO!!!!

Ever entertained a thought like that? If you haven't then you have been unfairly blessed; please quit reading now and go fly a kite!

Seriously, I did kind of go-off last week about the crazy thoughts and lack of focus. Well this week has been another super busy one for me, YAY!! but my inner-mind thought patterns have been much more streamlined and organized. Thank You Lord!

This morning with a long day of blogg back-end work, VoIP phone tech issues and front-end writing for http://www.vtwinmotorcycleblog.com/ (check out my latest progress there too!) ahead of me, a thought "Popped" into my fried-brain...

"Anything But Zero"

It is still Thursday and I fully intend to share another financial idea with y'all... but when, how do I fit it in... and also the ol "Holy Crap - So Much To Do" line

Well, this is coming a little later in the day, may be a little shorter, but hopefully I make one point Crystal...

This is a blog post and it is Thursday and therefore I have once again met my goal to connect with you and make some random point about life and money...

This post is more than Zero...

Sure, with so much going on, I can make an excuse that "Life" has happened and it is impossible to keep on the track I was headed...

But, I will give you Anything but Zero and therefore put one more foot print in front of the last one.

A "joke" during Dave Ramsey's live event in KC and his FPU videos is that when interviewing a Billionaire about his top 2 tips to wealth, he was told, by said Billionaire to - Never Stop Giving (always give generously) and Read One Book...

and that book is...

"The Tortoise and the Hare"

Some people laugh... I don't.

This is So Serious! This is coming from a Billionaire!

He said he reads it over and over and over to his grandchildren.

And the lesson the Tortoise - WHO WINS the race - teaches us is this: Always keep putting one foot in front of the other. Never Ever Give Up. Just keep taking one small step after the other... And YOU Will Win.

How about my new catch phrase "Anything But Zero"...

So many times we get so overwhelmed that we do Nothing, Nada, Cero.

In our struggle with our finances, is it easy to feel like the mountain of debt is too high to climb, the habits of our past are too strong to break, or our Ego is 100% impenetrable and proudly guards the gates of our minds, refusing any new ideas to enter...

In all of these cases what we end up doing is Zero.

Sure that far-off goal sounds nice, but I'll start another day, or when I get a raise or after the kids are out of the house...

Truthfully, we can find one small thing to do Today that is a step toward our goals, financial or otherwise.

Even a Teeny, Tiny, Seemingly Unimportant Dinky Step in the right direction is More Than Zero...

Lets drop it a level further... even if we don't make a Step in the right direction... If we even begin to Think about taking a step in the right direction... we have done More than Zero and therefore are on the way to the Win.

So Start Today. Start with a Thought... even a small one. "I do want to give and live in financial abundance, I deserve it!" or whatever speaks to you.

Know that Confucious Says - "A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step"

By reading these words, by taking these five precious minutes out of your day, I believe you are on your way.. Get ready, cause the Tortoise is pumped to high-five you at the finish line!

Sincerely,







Aaron Nichols
True North Financial Fitness Coaching
aaron@truenorthffc.com
785-218-6134
http://www.truenorthffc.com/

Got a leaky Wallet? Bulging budget or none at all? Dilapidated Debt that you're sick of living with?  You are losing hard earned dollars every month! Let me show you how to spackle the cracks and firm up your financial foundation. DIY or using my professional services, either way, the best time to fix your finances is Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment